Valid from 1 May 2018
Why do we collect your personal data?
Listed below are a few examples of situations in which we require personal information from you:
- Requests for information about Aura Light
- Participation in Aura Light’s communities, including our channels/webpages and our social media accounts such as Facebook
- Support in the development of products, services and campaigns that are tailored to your interests, optimisation of our customer service, and continuous improvement of our websites
- Help with improving our products and services
As a fundamental rule, we will only use your personal data in ways that we have informed you about in advance. If we use your data for other purposes, even if these are closely linked to the aforementioned purposes, further protective measures will be used where required by law.
What personal data is collected?
When you interact with Aura Light, e.g. by subscribing to the newsletter, asking about or buying a product, or engaging with our websites (e.g. by clicking the ‘Like’ button on our Facebook page), we can request and receive certain information from you, including:
- Your name;
- Your email address;
- Your telephone number;
- Your social media profile;
- Your gender;
- Your age;
- Your activities on our websites;
- Other information relating to your online activities.
- We can also collect personal data via cookies. including – but not restricted to – the following:
- Your IP address;
- Your cookie ID;
- Your web browser;
- Your location;
- The pages you have visited on our websites; etc.
How do we collect your personal data?
There are a variety of scenarios and ways in which your data is transmitted to Aura Light, including:
- Your communication with Aura Light – this may be linked to a product or service and can contain the content of your query or request to us;
- Communication with one of Aura Light’s internal or field sales representatives via email, phone or letter;
- Purchase of a product or service;
- Participation in a promotion;
- Participation in a social media campaign, e.g. by clicking “Like” or “Share”;
- Subscription to the Aura Light newsletter;
- Registration through social networks (e.g. entering your Facebook or LinkedIn data) in order to create an account or log in;
- Cookies that are stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit our websites.
Will personal data be sent to third parties?
Aura Light is committed to protecting your personal data to the best of its abilities. However, certain processes (such as managing orders) require us to pass on your data e.g. to business partners and other third parties, in compliance with the applicable laws. Aura Light may offer you a product or service in partnership with another company (business partner). Agreements with these business partners always limit the purposes for which your personal data can be used or passed on, as well as making it mandatory to ensure adequate protection of your personal data. Furthermore, Aura Light can disclose your data to other companies, such as IT and communications service providers, auditors, data management partners and other third parties, if this is necessary for the partnership and therefore for the provision of Aura Light’s services.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation of the EU, Aura Light is required to obtain your permission in cases where it is necessary to pass on your personal data.
What rights do you have?
Once you have sent us your personal data, you are entitled to request that this data be updated, changed, or – if permitted by law – deleted at any time. In order to exercise this right, simply email us at email@example.com, indicating the change you wish to make.
You may unsubscribe from our promotional communications at any time.
“Do Not Track” requests
Please note that we do not currently use any technical solutions that enable us to respond to a “Do Not Track” request from your browser. However, you can configure the cookie settings in your browser at any time. You can accept all cookies or only certain ones. If you disable our cookies in your browser settings, this may cause certain sections of our website(s) to stop working correctly. For example, you may have problems viewing certain content on our website.
When using various social media such as Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn, you should familiarise yourself with the tools offered by these sites that enable you to control how the personal data in your social media profiles is used. Aura Light is bound by the data protection measures and policies of these third-party providers. We therefore ask that you read the applicable privacy policies, conditions of use and other related information on the use of your personal data in these social network environments. In addition, the settings you have applied in various social networks may allow certain personal data relating to your online activities and social network profiles to be sent to Aura Light (e.g. interests, marital status, gender, user name, photos, comments and content you have posted/shared).
Links to other websites
Aura Light may save your personal data in a cloud storage system (e.g. Sharepoint). This means that your personal data can be processed by a cloud service provider and saved at various locations worldwide. Aura Light has concluded organisational and contractual agreements in order to protect your personal data, and requires its cloud service providers to comply with similar, equally comprehensive requirements. Your data will only be used for the agreed purposes.
How is your personal data protected?
Aura Light uses various security technologies to protect your personal data. For example, we use access controls, firewalls and secure servers, as well as encrypting certain types of data, such as financial information and other sensitive data.