Aura Light is strongly committed to contribute to a more sustainable society. We believe that environmentally friendly, social and economic responsibility is fundamental to a long-term business success. Sustainability is shaping our business and creating valuable opportunities for us and our customers.
Being part of the solution
For Aura Light sustainability comes natural. Instead of feeling resignation towards the climate change, we believe in being part of the solution. That is why we focus on delivering sustainable products and solutions. Our Long Life products contribute to a sustainable future with its long lifetime. With Long Life we can minimize the use of raw material, packages and transports. We are also helping our customers all over the world to save energy – a win-win situation where we are contributing to a sustainable world while cutting the costs of our customers.
Sustainability is incorporated in our management systems
At Aura Light we believe that sustainability is just another aspect of good business practice. Therefore, sustainability is incorporated in the responsibilities of our organization and in our management systems:
- ISO 9001 – Quality management
- ISO 14001 – Environmental management
- ISO 26000 – Social responsibility management
Goals that we aim to achieve by 2020
- Our vision regarding sustainable lighting is communicated
and well understood by our customers
- Our product development focuses on sustainable lighting
- We always strive for the most efficient use of resources
- We have a good company culture and provide a stimulating
work environment for our employees
- We have a well-functioning governance structure for our
sustainability work in all parts of the organization
Results from our 2015 goals
- 50% of our sales comes from energy-efficient products and solutions.
- Aura Light’s product development process will ensure the production of sustainable lighting solutions
Results: Continued focus on LED solutions and modularity. Sustainability factors are implemented early in our product development projects.
- Our vision regarding sustainable lighting is communicated and well understood by our customers.
Results: We have been reporting in accordance with GRI since 2012. Customer training and “lighting schools” with the focus mainly on LED, luminaires and sensors have been implemented in different countries.
- Our employees have the competence to include the sustainability aspect in their job.
Results: All policies have been reviewed and approved by the Board of Directors. We implement sustainability factors at an early stage of product development projects.
- Our carbon dioxide emissions are reduced relative to sales.
Results: From now on we also climate compensate for inbound freights
- More than 95% of all waste materials from our production is recycled.
Results: 88%. Continued improvement in sorting efforts and materials used in production, which are now recycled.
- 40% of the chemicals containing substances from the PRIO list are phased out of our production.
Results: 42% has been phased out.
- The sustainability performance of our potential and existing key suppliers is monitored and supported by efficient processes.
Results: Work with supplier audits is now an implemented process. Proposed measures from Aura Light dealt with in a satisfactory way.
- 90% of our sales comes from Long Life products and solutions.
Results: 70%. The reason why we have not achieved the objective is largely due to the change process that our operations are undergoing. For example, since the start value was set in 2010, sales of luminaires has been implemented and grown substantially.
As we have acquired a few smaller resellers, selling mainly standard products, where it will be a gradual conversion to Long Life and energy-efficient products, the effect is that the percentage of Long Life and energy-efficient products may temporarily go down.
Code of conduct
In Aura Light’s Code of Conduct you can read about our ethical guidelines that set the foundation for how we do business.
The Aura Light code of conduct is based on and supports the ten principles in the UN’s Global Compact, the International Labour Organization’s (ILO’s) Declaration of Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work, OECD’s guidelines for Multinational Enterprises and Aura Light’s core values.
Annual Report & Sustainability Report
Here is the latest Annual Report & Sustainability Report ofAura Light. We are reporting according to GRI.